by Dawn Moore
A new patch is right around the corner, which means shiny new priest gear is on its way too! In preparation for this, I’ve made a gear list for priests to reference as we progress into the newest content in the coming months.
If you haven’t heard yet, Blizzard has tweaked the system we’ve been using for the past couple of years and will now only allow players to acquire tier gear from raiding. Valor points will still be employed to purchase certain pieces of gear, but those unique set bonuses will be reserved only for players who actually enter raid dungeons.
ilevel 384, 397 and 410 gear
The following is gear available from Dragon Soul or the valor quartermasters in Orgrimmarand Stormwind. All drop gear is available in three different item levels for normal, heroic and Raid Finder difficulty.
- Crown of the Corrupted Conqueror Dragon Soul, Warmaster Blackhorn (used for Cowl of Dying Light)
- Soulgaze Cowl Valor Quartermaster (2,200 valor points)
- Petrified Fungal Heart Dragon Soul, Morchok
- Mosswrought Shoulderguards Dragon Soul, Morchok
- Shoulders of the Corrupted Conqueror Dragon Soul, Hagara the Stormbinder (used forMantle of Dying Light)
- Robe of Glowing Stone Dragon Soul, Morchok
- Chest of the Corrupted Conqueror Dragon Soul, Ultraxion (used for Robes of Dying Light)
- Lightwarper Vestments Valor Quartermaster (2,200 valor points)
- Bracers of the Banished Dragon Soul, Hagara the Stormbinder
- Bracers of the Black Dream Valor Quartermaster (1,250 valor points)
- Gauntlets of the Corrupted Conqueror Dragon Soul, Warlord Zon’ozz (used forHandwraps of Dying Light)
- Handwraps of Dying Light Baradin Hold, Alizabal
- The Hands of Gilly Valor Quartermaster (1,650 valor points)
- Cord of the Slain Champion Dragon Soul, Warlord Zon’ozz
- Tentacular Belt Valor Quartermaster (1,650 valor points)
- Vestal’s Irrepressible Girdle Valor Quartermaster (1,650 valor points)
- Leggings of the Corrupted Conqueror Dragon Soul, Yor’sahj the Unsleeping (used forLegwraps of Dying Light)
- Legwraps of Dying Light Baradin Hold, Alizabal
- Ring of the Riven Dragon Soul, Hagara the Stormbinder
- Seal of the Seven Signs Dragon Soul, Warlord Zon’ozz
- Heart of Unliving Dragon Soul, Spine of Deathwing
- Janglespur Jackboots Dragon Soul, Warmaster Blackhorn
- Splinterfoot Sandals Valor Quartermaster (1,650 valor points)
- Vagaries of Time Dragon Soul, Morchok
- Scalpel of Unrelenting Agony Dragon Soul, Yor’sahj the Unsleeping
- Maw of the Dragonlord Dragon Soul, Madness of Deathwing
- Ledger of Revolting Rituals Dragon Soul, Ultraxion
- Lightning Rod Dragon Soul, Hagara the Stormbinder (see note about hit, below)
- Visage of the Destroyer Dragon Soul, Warmaster Blackhorn
- Ti’tahk, the Steps of Time Dragon Soul, Madness of Deathwing
- Finger of Zon’ozz Dragon Soul, Warlord Zon’ozz
The old ilevel 378 valor gear that appeared at the start of patch 4.2 is also still available for purchase at the quartermasters, if you’re in desperate need of some missing piece you can’t get else where.
l 378 5-man dungeon gear
If you’re behind the gear curve and looking to catch up or if you’re just trying to piece together a new alt, the latest 5-man dungeons being introduced in patch 4.3 will be a great help at getting you closer to raiding. The three new dungeons drop ilevel 378 gear, which is the same item level as the gear you’d receive from bosses on normal mode in the Firelands.
- Cowl of Highborne Sorcerers Well of Eternity, Mannoroth and Varo’then
- Mantle of Time End Time, Murozond
- Mantle of False Virtue Hour of Twilight, Archbishop Benedictus (see note about hit, below)
- Cloak of Subtle Light Hour of Twilight, Asira Dawnslayer
- Whisperwind Robes End Time, Echo of Tyrande
- Robes of Fate End Time, Murozond (see note about hit, below)
- Chillbane Belt Hour of Twilight, Arcurion (see note about hit, below)
- Time Traveler’s Leggings End Time, Echo bosses
- Horned Band Well of Eternity, Peroth’arn
- Foul Gift of the Demon Lord Well of Eternity, Mannoroth and Varo’then
- Slippers of Wizardry Well of Eternity, Queen Azshara (see note about hit, below)
- Scepter of Azshara Well of Eternity, Queen Azshara
- Fanged Tentacle Hour of Twilight, Archbishop Benedictus (see note about hit, below)
- Orb of the First Satyrs Well of Eternity, Peroth’arn (see note about hit, below)
A note about hit I have not listed any valor gear with hit on it, since I assume healers will choose the most optimized gear they can when given a choice. My reason for listing drop items with hit is so healing priests can keep potential upgrades in mind when RNG dishes out extra DPS cloth gear that your raid doesn’t need.
If you need some input on what gear is best for holy or discipline, I’d recommend checking out my stat priority posts for holy and discipline priests. The gear you want will definitely vary depending on the type of role you take on in your group, so you’ll want to use that noggin of yours to decide what is best.
Looking to make more WoW gold?
World of Warcraft In-game Leveling Guides
Tags: class-help, disc-priest, disc-priest-gear, disc-priest-spiritual-guidance, discipline-priest-spiritual-guidance, dragon-soul, dragon-soul-priest, Gear list, Guide, guide-to-priests, holy-gear, holy-priest-gear-guide, holy-priest-spiritual-guidance, pre-raid, priest-discipline-spiritual-guidance, priest-dragon-soul, priest-gear, priest-gear-guide, priest-guide, priest-holy-spiritual-guidance, priest-raid, priest-raid-gear, priest-raid-guide, priest-talents, priest-trinket, priest-trinkets, raid-ready, talent, talents, world-of-warcraft-class-guide, world-of-warcraft-guide, wow-class-guide, wow-class-help, wow-guide, wow-priest, wow-priest-info, wow-priests, wow-talent-guide