by Gregg Reece
Retribution “A righteous crusader who judges and punishes opponents with weapons and Holy magic.”
First, before we talk about anything else, please note that we are not going to get Divine Storm as our active ability for picking the tree. They are likely going to create a new single-target ability specifically for this purpose.
Divine Storm will end up back in the talent tree, but not as the defining talent in the tree. It’s going somewhere in the middle, and they’re adding yet another ability as the 31-pointer — to what end, we currently don’t know. They’ve also hinted that they’re going to be making a third new ability for use someplace else. So, we’re getting three new abilities, and we only have a vague idea what one of them will be called (Divine Retribution … another dartboard pally skill name).
Otherwise, some things are pretty close to how we remember them, but others have changed drastically. Eye for an Eye can proc off all damage, and instead of reflecting it back, it hits the target with a Judgement. Speaking of Judgement, there is no more Judgement of Wisdom. There is no more Judgement of Justice. There is only Judgement, which is a combination of Light’s healing and Justice’s no-flee bonus.
There is no Seal of Command anymore. There is essentially a talent called Seals of Retribution (third tier) that lets you duplicate it using Seal of Righteousness. So, your choice of seals are pretty much going to be Righteousness and Vengeance/Corruption for damage. You still have Seals of Light, Wisdom and Justice at the moment for utility.
As far as interesting talents go, my votes go for revamped Eye for an Eye and Sanctified Wrath. EfaE now has a chance to proc off any damage (including raid damage) and hits the source with a free Judgement. Sanctified Wrath lets you treat any target as if it’s below 20% for Hammer of Wrath when you’ve got Avenging Wrath up, plus it adds crit to Hammer of Wrath.
- Spec Active Ability
- Divine Storm Instant cast. 10 sec cooldown. Requires Melee Weapon. An instant weapon attack that causes 55% of weapon damage to up to all enemies within 8 yards. The Divine Storm heals up to 3 party or raid members totaling 25% of the damage caused.
- Spec Passives
- Two-Handed Weapon Specialization Requires Two-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Maces, Polearms, Two-Handed Swords. Increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 6%.
- Sheath of Light Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power and your critical healing spells heal the target for 60% of the healed amount over 12 seconds.
- Divine Purpose Generate ???% of your maximum mana every ??? sec.
- Tier 1 talents
- Improved Judgements (2) Decreases the cooldown of your Judgement spells by 1/2 sec.
- Heart of the Crusader (3) In addition to the normal effect, your Judgement spells will also increase the critical strike chance of all attacks made against that target by an additional 1/2/3%.
- Crusade (3) Increases the damage and healing of your Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, and Holy Shocke by 5/10/15% and an additional 5/10/15% against enemy Humanoids, Demons, Undead, Dragonkin, and Elementals.
- Tier 2 talents
- Eye for an Eye (2) All damaging attacks against you have a 5/10% chance to cause you to strike your attacker with your Judgement ability. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 secs.
- Righteous Vengeance (3) When your Judgement, Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, and Divine Storm spells deal a critical strike, your target will take 10/20/30% additional damage over 8 sec.
- Pursuit of Justice (2) Increases movement and mounted movement speed by 8/15%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
- Tier 3 talents
- Judgments of the Wise (3) Your damaging Judgement spells have a 33/66/100% chance to grant the Replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 1% of their maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec, and to immediately grant you 25% of your base mana.
- The Art of War (2) Your critical melee attacks reduce the cast time of your next Holy Light or Exorcism spell by 50/100%.
- Seals of Retribution (1) Your damaging Seals now also deal 15% weapon damage each time you swing, and your Seal of Righteousness now hits up to 2 additional targets.
- Tier 4 talents
- Swift Retribution (3) Your auras also increase your party and raid’s melee and ranged attack speed by 7/14/20%.
- Fanaticism (3) Increases the critical strike chance of your Judgement spell by 6/12/18% and reduces threat caused by all actions by 10/20/30% except when under the effects of Righteous Fury.
- Tier 5 talents
- Repentance (1) Instant cast. 1 min cooldown. Puts the enemy target in a state of meditation, incapacitating them for up to 1 min, and removing the effect of Righteous Vengeance. Any damage caused will awaken the target. Usable against Demons, Dragonkin, Giants, Humanoids, and Undead.
- Sanctified Retribution (3) Increases the damage caused by Retribution Aura by 17/34/50% and all damage caused by friendly targets affected by any of your Auras is increased by 1/2/3%.
- Sanctified Wrath (2) Increases the critical strike chance of Hammer of Wrath by 25/50%, reduces the cooldown of Avenging Wrath by 30/60 secs and while affected by Avenging Wrath you can use Hammer of Wrath as if the target had 20% or less health.
- Tier 6 talents
- Conviction (3) Gives you a 1/2/3% bonus to Physical and Holy damage you deal for 30 sec after dealing a critical strike from a weapon swing, spell, or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
- Sanctity of Battle (2) Increases the damage caused by Exorcism by 10/20% and reduces the cooldown by 2/4 secs
- Tier 7 talents
- Divine Retribution (1) Not Yet Implemented.
Looking to make more WoW gold?
World of Warcraft Cataclysm In-game Leveling Guides
Tags: class-help, Guide, guide-to-paladins, guide-to-pallies, guide-to-pallys, paladin-guide, paladin-info, paladin-talents, pally-guide, pally-info, pally-talents, talent, talents, world-of-warcraft-class-guide, world-of-warcraft-guide, wow-class-guide, wow-class-help, wow-guide, wow-paladin, wow-paladin-info, wow-paladins, wow-pally, wow-pally-info, wow-talent-guide